Saturday, December 28, 2013

LockerRoomz Q.and.A: Pro Boxer PETER 'Kid Chocolate' QUILLIN

 
The Date: Wednesday 7/31/2K13
The Locale: Outside of HENRI BENDEL boutique, West 57th Street and Firfth Avenue, New York City
The Event: Angela Simmons' E-Commerce launch for IAmAngela.com

RG: What is your brand of pugilistic artistry?

PQ: Well, you know, I already know how to be a street fighter. I went in, and learned how to actually box. A lot of guys go in the gym and learn how to defend themselves, and that's what makes me different. Between my amateur and pro records, I only gotten 45 bouts in so far, and the experts are comparing me to guys that's boxed in 200-300 amateur events, with a handful of pro fights mixed in. So it's just letting me know that when you come from the bottom, you are chosen by GOD, and I feel like I have a special gift not only with the people, but with what GOD is doing with me, and working inside of me, and I know that it's only big plans that He has in store for me.

RG: Where are you based at?

PQ: I'm now based here in Brooklyn, New York. I've been in New York since I was 18. I'm 30 now, and it's been life and trial, man. I've made a lot of errors, but we learn from a lot of those things and applied them to what I know now, and now I have WISDOM.

RG: If you had to compare your style to two notable boxers, past or present, who would they be?

PQ: I would say that I'm a combination of both Sugar Ray Robinson and Sugar Ray Leonard. Those are my idols and who I looked up to. I also got the swag and personality like Muhammad Ali. Just altogether, I look up those guys that stepped forth the footsteps for me to follow in, and through them, I am now trying to create my own footprints.

*As of Saturday 12/28/2K13, Quillin is currently the WBO World Middleweight champion.

www.TheKidChocolate.com
www.twitter.com/KidChocolate
www.instagram.com/KidChocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment