Saturday, June 23, 2012

Red Carpet Q&A - Recording Artist WILL TRAXX (Bronx, New York City)

The Date: Friday, 5/18/2K12
The Locale: Paradise Theater, Bronx, New York City
The Event: Lil Kim & Friends concert

RG: What was the inspiration behind your club-bangin' hit single, 'FOOTWORK?'

WT: Well you know, basically when the instrumental is rockin' in the party, and you see somebody with some good shoes on the dance floor, it makes you wanna say 'Ooh...Let me see some footwork!' (Laughs) So the inspiration for that is basically just looking at shoes and people just gettin' their dance step-on.

RG: How happy have you been with the overwhelming response and positive feedback for 'FOOTWORK?'

WT: Oh I'm definitely happy! The single actually first dropped back on February 24, 2K11, and up until now, the momentum has picked up a lot. Big shout-outs to the boroughs of Brooklyn and Queens - they've shown crazy love for what I'm doin'!

RG: What more can we expect from you as far as future projects?

WT: Well, down the line, man, just expect some more good party music - more 'feel-good' music. I wanna make music that makes sense and for all age groups. I just wanna be careful about the music I make. No disrespect to the rappers and the so-called 'artists' because there are different categories and all that. Me - I'm just basically entertaining the masses....I just want the people to get up and dance and feel good about themselves.

RG: Which part of the Bronx are you from?

WT: I'm from the Soundview Projects, born and raised - it's home of the legendary Jazzy 5 MCs. Speaking of new music that I'm working on, I got something presently in the works with those fellas and it's gonna be real serious!  The next track that I'm gonna be putting out soon is called 'ROCK OUT.' It's basically and ol' school dance, so I'm gonna bring back that ol' 'rockin' dance back! It'll be 'feel-good' music at it's best, so listen out for it down the road.

RG: What's the best advice you can give to an aspiring recording artist?

WT: Honestly speaking, my best advice for anyone trying to get into this music business is basically to go with your heart, have faith and don't quit doing what you're doing.

*For bookings and serious inquiries, feel free to contact Will directly at (347) 373-6417.

Facebook.com/Will Traxx
Twitter.com/@WillTraxx


No comments:

Post a Comment