Saturday, July 21, 2012

Red Carpet Q&A: Actress/Up-And-Coming Recording Artist CIERRA RAMIREZ (Houston, Texas)

The multi-talented and gorgeous 17-year-old Ramirez received rave reviews for her portrayal as the feisty daughter 'Ansiedad' in the 2012 film GIRL IN PROGRESS. Look out for her music in the very near future, as Cierra possesses a breathtaking, soulful instrument that is her singing voice! She is currently signed on the Temper Music Group label, based in New York City. Cierra recently took timeout from her very demanding work and school schedule to chat with me via e-mail about the success of GIRL IN PROGRESS, her upcoming projects and more.

RG: How happy are you personally about the overall success of GIRL IN PROGRESS?

CR: I am very happy with the overall success of the film! I felt that it did well, despite the limited release!

RG: How did the audition process go for you to win the role of 'Ansiedad?'

CR: I originally submitted my audition online and then was asked to do a call-back via Skype with the film's director Patricia Riggen. Afterwards, I had to fly in to Los Angeles to read with other actors, and I was particularly surprised that I was the only 'Ansiedad' there! By the end of the read, I found out that Patricia had already chosen me to play 'Ansiedad' after the Skype session. It was one of the best days of my life!

RG: Did you have a game plan going into the audition for the role?

CR: I really didn't have a game plan, other than just basically studying the script and just going in to do my best!

RG: How was it to work alongside such a talented, veteran actress in Eva Mendes?

CR: When I first met Eva, I was very intimidated! She is a very talented, beautiful and huge star! I couldn't help but to gain confidence quickly because she was so nice, funny, and gave me the best advice.

RG: You are a talented, up-and-coming recording artist as well. Which artists are you influenced by, how would you describe your musicality, and what will make you stand out from the crowd in the music industry?

CR: I grew up listening to a wide variety of music such as Etta James, Patsy Cline, Queen and other great artists. I currently love the music of the late Amy Winehouse and also from The Weekend. I am currently working on a style that combines all of my favorite musical influences with my own modern interpretation. I LOVE performing, so I am hoping that my live performances will help me to stand out from the crowd!

RG: What can we anticipate from you as far as upcoming film/television/music projects are concerned?

CR: I am currently working on my role as 'Kathy' in the popular TV series 'The Secret Life of the American Teenager' on the ABC Family network, and also my debut album on the music end. Equally as exciting, I am working on branding 'temporary' tattoos. I am a very busy girl!

RG: If entertainment wasn't a part of your life, what career path would you have chosen?

CR: Being in font of the camera is always something I aspired to do, and I am very grateful for the opportunities that I've been afforded to this point. I honestly don't know what I would do if I were not in the Entertainment business, other than to be a writer of Executive Producer, which is something I'd like to do in the future.

RG: What best describes CIERRA RAMIREZ as a person?

CR: I would say that I am a hard worker, always eager to learn and very easy to get along with. I am a Southern girl, after all!

RG: Your father Sonny Ramirez manages your promising entertainment career. What's the most important piece of advice he's given you so far?

CR: My dad has always encouraged me to never give up. He's always told me that in this business, you get a lot of "No's" and it sometimes becomes difficult to not get discouraged. His advice has always been to do what I want with all my heart, and to always better myself for every opportunity that comes my way because the 'Yes' may be right around the corner!

RG: What would be the best advice you can give to a multi-talented young lady who aspires to be successful in the world of entertainment like yourself?

CR: The best advice I can give is to NEVER GIVE UP, to stay true to who YOU are, and let your heart guide you.

RG: In five-to-ten years from now, with God's Will, CIERRA RAMIREZ will be -

CR: A writer AND producer!

*Big kudos to TIMOTHY TEMPER, CEO/President of Cierra's music label Temper Music Group for allowing me to opportunity to interview such a sweet and talented young lady! (http://www.tempermusicgroup.com/)


Facebook.com/CierraRamirezOfficial
Twitter.com/CierraRamirez
Instagram.com/CierraRamirez
YouTube.com/CierraRamirezTV

No comments:

Post a Comment