Saturday, June 8, 2013

Q.and.A with legendary Reggae/Pop/Soul recording artist PATRA


 
With hit songs during the 1990 era such as 'Romantic Call,' 'Worker Man,' 'Queen of the Pack' and her sexy remake of the Grace Jones classic 'Pull Up To The Bumper,' Patra is beyond ready to reclaim her spot in the music game here in 2K13 with the release of her new single 'Sweet Reggae Music.' The very talented and eternally beautiful Queen Patra took timeout for her very busy schedule to briefly chat with Yours Truly.

RG: Hey Patra! Where have you been hiding for all these years? (LOL)

Patra: It's been an amazing time off for me. All I wanted was to be in control of my career and I had to fight for it, and in the end, I WON! I am so happy to be back for my beautiful fans around the world! :)

RG: You've put out some incredible music in your career. How amazing is it for you to be back in the game here in 2K13?

Patra: Well, I condsider this to be the continuation since I really didn't miss anything....It was more important to save my soul, if anything, and with my upcoming album, my fans will be pleased with what they will hear!

RG: What keeps you passionate about creating good music?

Patra: Love and good vibes. Culture is very important to have that....Jamaica and the world! :)

RG: What are your thoughts on the current state of Dancehall Reggae music from an overall creative standpoint?

Patra: Well personally, I don't consider myself to be a Dancehall artist, but Dancehall will always have its place....It's the vibe of the people, plus it's good for 'whining.' LOL....I need everyone to check out my new single called 'Sweet Reggae Music' which is out now. REGGAE MUSIC IS HERE TO STAY!

RG: What other new projects can we anticipate from you here in 2K13 and beyond?

Patra: My upcoming album will be called, 'PATRA - THE CONTINUATION'....It means I never left, and I don't have to catch up to anything! :)

RG: What's the best piece of advice you can give to a musically talented young lady who has aspirations to be successful in today's music industry?

Patra: They should always be wary of the vampires that sneak up in the dark, but never give up on your dream(s)....Just be prepared for anything, be sure of what you want to be, and most of all, ALWAYS BE PROFESSIONAL!

RG: Are you currently signed to a major label or are you are doing your thing on the independent level?

Patra: I have LGN Entertainment operating in Florida. Steve Lane - who is the CEO - is my partner in this venture. We have been through a lot, but this is 'Go' time, so the fans will not be disappointed when they hear 'Sweet Reggae Music' and the rest of my upcoming album.

RG: What keeps you so sexy from both inside and from the outside?

Patra: To me, sexiness is a habit. However, it's more important to have a clean heart and always be a 'real' person, and I will always be that type of person!

www.twitter.com/RealQueenPatra
www.facebook.com/QueenPatra
www.facebook.com/OfficialPatraPage (Fan page)

No comments:

Post a Comment