Saturday, March 16, 2013

Red Carpet Q&A with legendary rapper/producer KWAME' HOLLAND

 
 
The Date: Monday 11/19/2K12
The Locale: New York Times Center, Times Square vicinity, New York City
The Event: 1st Annual Global Spin Awards

RG: Briefly give me your thoughts on the importance of the DJ in the history of Hip Hop.

KH: There's nothing more important in Hip Hop than the DJ. With me being an MC, first and foremost, and also a producer, I am NOTHING without a DJ!

RG: What can we anticipate from you in 2K13?

KH: As far as production is concerned, myself and legendary MCs Dana Dane, Special Ed, Monie Love and Chubb Rock - we formed a group called The Alumni. Coming into 2K13, The Alumni are gonna go on tour and bring the classic Hip Hop experience to the audience, and at the same time, I'll be producing the new music for the group. I also have a Pop music artist currently on Atlantic Records; Her name is Lauriana Mae, and I'll be producing music for her and also R&B singing legend Chante' Moore as well.

RG: I loved the song you produced for Tweet and Missy Elliott a few years ago, 'Turn The Lights Off.'

KH: Thanks a lot, my brother! Music is my grind, and I've been loving doing what I do for a minute now.

RG: What's the most important piece of advice you can give to an upcoming producer that's trying to make a name for themselves in today's music industry?

KH: Don't just rely on making beats....Find an artist, and learn how to create actual songs.

*Connect with KWAME' HOLLAND on Facebook*

No comments:

Post a Comment