Saturday, August 4, 2012

Red Carpet 'Music' Spotlight: Singer/Songwriter KASHA (Brooklyn, New York)

With the moniker of 'Today's R&B Artist,' KASHA is a rising musical talent that is to be reckoned with for years to come. Her style combines the elements of Old School Soul with a New School Swagger, and is without a doubt THE REAL DEAL! Kasha's current single ' I WANT YOU,' produced by Mark Wilson, best showcases her immense, all-around music artistry with amazing vocals, catchy lyrics and melodies. I caught up with the lovely Brooklynite via e-mail to chat about music and more.

RG: What best describes you as a person?

Kasha: A lover of God, who is focused on consistent self-improvement spiritually, physically and emotionally. I am also a person trying to help enhance the lives of others through my talent and experiences.

RG: You lost your beloved mother when you were just 14 years of age, and she was a huge part in planting the seeds of love for music within you. Briefly share with me your feelings.

Kasha: I was blessed to have a talent that was not only inherited from my mom, but she supported. I was shy and quite an introvert when I was young, and she encouraged me to be proud of my gift.

RG: With you being a songwriter, how important is it to write quality, well-structured songs that will connect with people all around the world, both lyrically and musically?

Kasha: We live in a very diverse world, but we all have many things in common, as we are all human. Most people want to be loved, appreciated and understood. Life is not the same everyday. We experience ups and downs, highs and lows. It is important to me that my songs convey messages of positivity such as happiness, and also interpreting life lessons without being demeaning.

RG: What do you think is sorely lacking in the current landscape of R&B/Soul music, in your opinion?

Kasha: There are a lot of exceptionally-talented recording artists that are not exposed to the masses. Back in the 1970s and 1980s, it seemed to be more about the music and less about presentation. People would have a favorite song, and not know what the artist looked like.

RG: What does 'performing live' mean to you?

Kasha: Performing live is more of a way to keep your fans in-tune on the sound. Real fans of music look forward to hearing the live performance that sounds the same as the CD, along with the entertainment aspects as well.

RG: What upcoming projects can we anticipate from you?

Kasha: More singles, a new video, more appearances. I am excited and anticipating all of the opportunities coming my way!

RG: What's the best advice you can give to a talented young lady who can both sing and write her own songs, and aspires to parlay those skill-sets into a successful career?

Kasha: In four words: LEARN the music business!





No comments:

Post a Comment