Saturday, May 5, 2012

Red Carpet Q&A: Soul Music Recording Artist KIMBERLY NICHOLE

RG: How would you define your brand of musicality?

KN: They call me the Rock/Soul Ballerina! My brand of music is a mixture of Soul music with a heavy Rock influence, and being that I am from Seattle, Washington, it influenced my style a great deal.

RG: When you performed at the 2K11 BET Awards as a 'BET Music Matters' artist, what was that feeling like, just to get that level of exposure?

KN: I was overwhelmed and definitely very grateful for the opportunity that BET Networks gave to me as a new, up-and-coming artist. To see a legend and an icon like Miss Patti LaBelle rehearsing during soundcheck was like a dream come true!

RG: What is PURE SOUL to you?

KN: From a music perspective, I think Pure Soul is raw! It's singing and delivering your gifts from the deepest part of you.

http://www.kimberlynichole.com/

*The Date: Wednesday, 2/15/2K12
*The Locale: Manhattan Center aka Hammerstein Ballroom, New York City
*The Event: FASHION ROCKS NY

No comments:

Post a Comment